This edition of our Newsletter has some tax planning ideas for next year. Some strategies to consider are:
- Deferring derivation of income – tips to defer the recognition of income.
- Bringing forward tax-deductible expenses – tips to bring deduction claims forward into 2018.
- Issues for businesses – a look at company tax rates, imputation, small business deductions and concessions.
- Issues for individuals – the end of the Budget repair levy, tips for claiming work-related expenses, and a reminder about recent superannuation changes.
- Issues for property owners – changes for owners of residential rental properties, CGT and GST withholding on property sales, and a proposal to abolish the main residence CGT exemption for non-residents.
- Tax compliance and developments – Single Touch Payroll, GST on low value imported goods and contractor payments in building and construction.
For more information on any of these topics, please click on the link below
June 2018 Tax Newsletter
If you need further information, please call us on 02 9580 3353